Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Selah


Selah


















Rest vs. Peace

Have you ever wandered why Paul never said “Grace and Rest be with you”? I think I have figured it out. There is a BIG difference between ‘Peace’ and ‘Rest’. Rest is often inactivity, where as Peace is contentment. Hmmm… As I am writing this, I am wondering if ‘peace’ is a choice. He is our peace. Hmmm… Well there is a lot of food for thought. Sorry didn’t mean to turn into a philosopher on all of you, Anyhow…

Back to the story!

This house is getting plenty of rest, but is in need of peace. It has been a ruff couple of days. All of the kids are sick. I am trying hard to treat them without antibiotics, however, I don’t know if that is going to be possible this time.

Jonathan has been down right lethargic today, which is not like him at all. In fact these last two days his energy level has been a little too high. So today was super unusual. I have put them all on grapefruit seed extract as a last resort before taking them to the doctor. It seems to be pulling Anna right out of it. She has had it the longest. Jonathan on the other hand has only had it today so I am not surprised it’s not helping. It’s probably still viral for him.

Well, the boys seem to be ‘trying’ to be helpful. But you know, sometimes that can make it all that harder.

“I’ll get him cereal”,…”Opps, sorry mom, I dropped the milk”



Blood curtailing screams… What is going on? “She was touching the V.C.R.”…” But, mom, we didn’t want you to have to stop what you were doing”



Quiet baby cooing… followed by… VERY NOISY TOY!!! “Look mom we are entertaining the baby so you can keep resting”

So-on & So-forth. Thank you wonderful dears for all your help!

I can’t say we are getting a lot of school done today, in fact I think I am going to officially consider today a ‘sick’ day. We don’t have a lot of those around here. Normally when we are sick we just do our schoolwork in our P.J.’s.

Not today. I wonder if I am getting sick. I don’t really feel sick, but I do feel ummmm… what’s the best word?… Zoned and yet at unease. Hmmph.

Well, lets see what is new since I last blogged? Umm.

We finally got our tax returns, which meant new tires, which means I have my van back. We are no longer a one-car family. Oh, so nice. Not that I am going anywhere, but it means I can without having to call for back up or put someone else out of a car.

Hubby has put the rope ladder back up in the living room, which is giving a little relief to our rainy days, which is just in time. It started raining today. It’s supposed to rain for almost a week. Ugg!
Our volcano was a disaster! I would show you a picture, but I used grandpa’s camera that day. Good news is we know what went wrong and after it dries out we may be able to make it work the next time.

Andrew has a new loose tooth. We are all waiting expectantly for it to come out. George is getting jealous. This is Andrews third and George hasn’t has a single one yet. Speaking of which, George has a dentist appointment soon. Don’t let me forget guys!

My memory is getting no better. Just when I wish it were at its best so I could keep track of all these fun moments.

Sitting on the floor playing with Jonathan. I took a toy horse and said “lu-dump-de-dump” as I started to race it around us. Jonathan replied “NO, mom. That’s not what you do with a horse!” So I asked him “Well then, what are you suppose to do with a horse?” He answered by squatting down until he came in contact with the six inc. toy. I just about died laughing.

Well they are all whining and it is about time to work on dinner.

Willing to except all prayers for Hubby and I.
And for the sick kids.

Hope all is well with you guys. ~H
Ps. I tried to make granola out of a cookbook. Tasted just about like saw dust. Smelled great though. To bad it I was not making po purri (sp?). (You know, the smelly stuff.)




No comments: