Friday, February 15, 2008

A good day.


I had two funnies today and as normal, I can only remember one of them. Today I had one of those little moments. All of my kid’s lives, they have felt free to wipe their ‘yucky’ noses on my clothes. Well, Anna has been having one of those ‘yucky’ noses for a couple of days (if you couldn’t tell by the pictures). Anyhow, as I was saying, today they were all sitting in a row and I looked over and Anna HAPPILY wipes her nose on the closest sibling, which of course happens to be my clothes conscientious George. Oh, how I laughed. Poor George! “Eeewwwuuu! MOM!!! Help!” I had so much trouble keeping my face straight. I can’t tell you how many times that has happen to me and I am sad to admit, part of me felt like ‘ahhh, revenge!’ I did, however, get George cleaned up and Anna’s nose temporarily cleaned. I have a funny feeling it wont be the last time though.


Tonight I have some quiet time. I am working on my web page and ‘attempting’ to get it registered with some search engines. I don’t know if it will work or not. I also added some home school tips and ideas to my web page. For one day I actually got a fair amount done and its not midnight yet, so I am doing good.


I did have a food disaster tonight. I decided to fix sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes. (Because from what I can tell, the sweet potatoes are actually easier on keeping blood sugars steady. If you know what I mean, which you probably don’t. Don’t mind me I am just babbling.) Anyhow, I could NOT pass ‘it’ by the kids. I had one particular kid that LOVES potatoes, so having it switched was devastating. Lucky me we had all had popcorn right before dinner, so it was not the disaster it could have been.


I am finding that plain yogurt comes in real handy when trying to simplify. I can’t believe how many things I can use plain yogurt for. I have come up with a ‘ranch dressing’ using plain yogurt.


Plain Yogurt

Mrs. Dash

Celery Salt

Sea Salt


I can’t say its perfect, but the kids don’t even notice the difference. I personally like it on everything but raw broccoli. Other then that it hasn’t been too bad.


Yes the kids did get schooling in today too. From what I hear tomorrow is going to be a cool school day. I believe we have a volcano in our future. I need to make sure we have a camera on hand just in case this is a onetime deal!


Well, I hope you all had as pleasant a day as I did.

~ H
Ps. Devotion time is going well. Sort of. I am getting a devotion time, which I haven’t had in a long time. But one of my readers is just staring at the Bible without reading it… Do I push the issue or just be happy with the silence? What do you think?

3 comments:

Uncle and Auntie Hightower <>< said...

sorry Heather, but I can't say that that sounds...I don't know... NORMAL!!! lol =)Wink!
HOW did you come up with a recipe like that??? I am sure there must be a story behind that one! lol Yogurt for dressing???? You sure ARE creative! I can not think that far out of my small little box of what I know how to cook...that is a huge jump for me anyway...lol... I wouldn't even GUESS to try that! I am amazed! lol
I miss you! Did I mention THAT?

2homeschool said...

I miss you too dearie. ~H

Collister Clan said...

I love reading your daily or mostly daily blogs but I'm afraid my life is not that interesting. I really just wanted to have a place to put pictures and update people as things go along. Check it out now though..because I just added stuff from this weekend :)