Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Frozen Blueberries

Nice to hear from you Mrs. C. I enjoy writing. Although I must admit I haven’t done much changing of my website since I started blogging. Oh well.

Today was an easy day. Which is nice to say. Not only did I get time for a devo and time to myself, I also got to go shopping without taking four children. It was amazing. It did, however, give me more time to look at labels. A fairly freighting concept. I think we are slightly changing our goal from avoiding sugars to avoiding chemicals. I can’t even tell you how surprised I was by how many things had MSG in them. WOW… Even the ranch dressing.

I have found out that the frozen fruits (that don’t have additives) appear to be more valuable then all of these unripe fruit we are setting on shelves to ripen. I do plan on trying that ‘blueberries in oatmeal’ thing in the morning, Momma Bug. I have frozen blueberries. I KNOW not quite as good as fresh hand picked out of your own back yard, but that is as good as its going to get. I will let you know how it goes.
Hope all is well with you guys. ~H

2 comments:

Momma Bug said...

I see that you didn't trust me to "humor" you in my upcoming post about oatmeal?!!
Good thinking on the frozen fruits vs fresh, I hadn't thought of it like that before.
We are trying to go more organic, so that eliminates some of that problem.

We too have gotten rid of dairy (for the most part), and refined sugar, and I have attempted to stay away from dyes and chemicals as well.
It's HARD! Much more to it than meets the eye.
So far, have noticed a big difference in the children since boycotting sugar. It's nice to be away from the grandparents while I impliment this stuff.
Before we were just avaiding sugar "as much as possible", but I really want my children to be completely unacustomed to it except on rare occasions. Blah blah blah...
Love you lots!!!
-me

Collister Clan said...

Oooh yes..I buy different frozen fruits and make smoothies out of them. And..if your bananas get mooshy pop them in the freezer too and make a yummy orange julius. Ice, Milk, Orange Juice, a frozen banana and you are set. No sugar necessary!