Thursday, April 3, 2008

photo op.

I know I disappeared. I am sorry. That ‘head cold’ really zapped me. I didn’t look that sick, but I FELT awful. I am back on my feet but not really totally well.

Good news is I have set my schedule. We are waiting until the schedule change before we implement it, but we may post it and try to get used to the idea in the meantime.

Not much news…

The house thing has progressed no further.

I have been too sick to be disposing of my stuff.

The kids have been feeling well enough to act normal, but are still… a little sick.

OH, we signed Andrew up for the Young Marines. Yes, that right. He had a birthday and is finally old enough to join in the fun. His first trip with them they, ate bugs, rode horses, played on a large trampoline, played at a creek, played capture the flag, slept in tents in the rain, plucked and gutted a bird, and took a three mile hike (in the sunshine). He had a lot of fun. I am sorry I didn’t send him a camera. Here is a shot of the group right before we picked him up. He came home soooooo tired he fell asleep before I could carry him to bed. He had a great time though.

Here are some shots of the kids playing in the back yard. We have really been enjoying the sunshine. I have been VERY grateful for the outdoor time.

The boys have been doing REALLY well with their schoolwork. I have been very pleased. Their inquisitive minds are never satisfied… I am hoping to buy the Robinson Curriculum soon. If anyone has used it I would love some feedback before I spend the money.

Oh, I have found a wonderful recipe for ‘good for you’ brownies…

I will leave you with the recipe…

Love to all & Good night.

Carob Brownies

2 eggs
2/3 cup honey
½ cup milted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 banana
½ tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. baking soda
¾ cup water
1/3 cup carob powder (sifted)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup walnut pieces (I tend to leave these out, I like my nuts separately)

Beat eggs slightly, add honey, cooled butter, vanilla and banana. Mix well. Then add the dry ingredients alternately with water. Add broken walnut pieces last. Butter and Flour a 9x13 glass baking dish and bake EXACTLY 23 minutes. Do not overbake. The oven should be set at 350 degrees.

Now there are two icing recipes. I honestly have not tried either, hmmm. I don’t know which to put.

I guess I will put the simple one and if anyone wants the other one let me know.

4 Tbs. Melted butter
2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup honey
¼ cup sifted carob.

Mix all ingredients and beat until smooth. Can be placed on hot brownies. Also can be used as carob syrup.

Yes, I love my ‘Step-by-Step to Natural Food’ book, I would recommend it to anyone, if fact I pretty much recommend it to everyone!

No comments: