Sunday, May 25, 2008

Movie hangover headache...

As my mom so elequently put it...

Staying up tell 4am watching chick flicks is the homeschooler's equivalent of going out all night drinking.

So, last night I slept 10hrs. trying to make up for lost sleep. This morning, I have THE headache from not moving all night. I do feel better today though, I am actually sitting up instead of laying down. I spent most of yesterday watching the kids from a laying down position.

No this is not a normal event for me. It used to be though... Having no T.V. has kinda put a curb on it. (I don't own a lot of D.V.D.'s, for my computer)

It was fun. I feel kinda like a girl again. (instead of just a mom)... Makes me want to go out and buy lip gloss or something. =-)

Painted toe nails... Those of you with girls,... Do you paint their nails? I think this is one of those things my daughter has missed just because she got me for a mom. Right up there with not looking well put together. I was thinking I should practice on her while she is little so that by the time she is big I will have it down. I have never gotten the hang of all the 'girl' stuff.

Guess I hung out in to many tree's growing up.

NA! :-)

Talk to you all soon,

Heather

4 comments:

Alterton Scottish Terriers said...

Well, we used to love painting our little sisters nails. Usually the pretty pale pinks. No yucky oranges or blues etc. Sometimes a coat of sparkles on top. But then she had three big sisters. We didn't get our first nail polish until about six years old. Mom would put one bottle of Cover-girl $1 polish in our stockings each year.

IF we are ever blessed with a daughter, then oh yeah ... painted little toes all the way!

-Faith

Joy said...

I used to love painting my nails when I was little. I think they have little girl nail polish now that wont wreck your carpet. (Tinker bell) (Bonnie Bell)
What movies did you get to see?
Feel better soon
Joy

2homeschool said...

Oh, girls thanks for all the tips. I am afraid it's not the buying it... Its the putting it on. I never did get the hang of all the girl stuff.

I only had one sister (10years older then me). We didn't do that type of stuff together.

Like I said, I spent more time in a tree then I did dressing up.

I don't poticularly want that for miss Anna here, so I guess I am going to have to go outside my comfort zone and give it a try.

Thanks for the incoragement.

~H

2homeschool said...

Oh, movies... I am afraid it wouldn't be something I could recommend, a little to secular, but defiantly girly... Gilmore Girls would be what I watched all night. My girlfriend loaned me her series... I got sucked in. I can tell you that.

I did watch a really cute one yesterday though. It was called The Ultimate gift. Easily could have been turned into a Christian story. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't. However, it was much cleaner then most now a days.