Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Friends

Lots of fun. These pictures are from a couple of days ago. I hope you all enjoy them. :-)






We had a great time and we 'both' hope we have made you 'both' homesick enough to come home.(momma bug and blessed quietness.)



Ok, I understand how AWFUL these pictures are. However, you can not imagine my distress when I saw this thing in my garage. I thought it was a snake at first (which I proved by screaming). Eventually I figured out it was a lizard. We tried to get a shot, but it was camera shy.





I know its beyond hard to tell from the pictures, but the tail was twice as long as its body and moved just like a snake.


Thank you Lord, it was not.


Then yesterday I was out on my lawn when a gardener snake appeared. Again Thank you Lord it was a just a gardener snake.


I don't do creatures. I can't imagine how I am going to survive three boys.


Well tomorrow, promises to be a fun day. A sleep over for me and the babies at a friends house. I hope I get SOME sleep.
Type at you guys soon,
Heather

6 comments:

Momma Bug said...

You accomplished your goal - as usual!
Yes I'm homesick... for YOU GUYS anyway!
Had fun chat with AJ las night - he was shopping in ID, and I told him he could go ahead and buy:-)
Wanna move there with us?

Also... is that a lizard? what kind? If it looked like a snake with legs, it might have been a skink. I don't know if we have them in that area or not.

2homeschool said...

A what?...

I think it was an aligator lizard. But man at first all I saw was the tail and it had to be close to 9" long or more.

Freaked me out!

Alterton Scottish Terriers said...

Oh Heather ... thank you so much for those pictures! It was so fun seeing all of you - I miss Hannah and Charlie and the kids so much!

I'm betting it was a skink. We used to have 'em in San Diego. Like a long, smooth lizard and really bad attitudes. Ours would almost hiss when cornered. Exciting!
-Faith

2homeschool said...

See now, I have never heard of a skink,... you two really are two of a kind.

Anyhow, I loved the pictures my self.

~H

Joy said...

Heather those photo's were great. (As usual you are a fantastic photographer)
I am sooooo not a creature person myself. I have had major problems with the wolf spiders and brown recluse spiders since we moved out here. I try to freeze them with hair spray before I squish them. I am still pretending there are no snakes out here till I come face to face with one. LOLI would have screamed at that as well. I think that Momma Bug and faith are both right it looks like it might be a skink. They can get nasty!
Take care
Joy

Momma Bug said...

Hair Spray...
Now that's one I haven't heard!
Does it work pretty well? I might have to give it a try!! :-)