Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back to basics

I am completely amazed!

I found a keeper. I have ordered A LOT of books here recently for the kids next school year.

I found a keeper!

Its called “Back to Basics” by reader’s digest!

I love it!

It has almost everything imaginable in it. It’s an odd mixture of new and old. For example, how to turn your above ground swimming pool into a fish pond to feed your family with…

It has how to pick land, how to make your own wind/water energy, how to tan a hide, how to make a sandal, how to build your own hammock, how to bee keep, how to use live bugs to protect your garden, how to build your own roasting spit with pluming supplies…

And much, much, much more.

Ok, the fish swimming pool is my favorite idea so far… How do you think the P.O.A. would feel when my doughboy busts and out come all the fish, to rot on the ground until I got home from baseball practice? (Think I could get away with this? Who would know? At least until it busts.)

Well, it’s something to think about anyhow…

Hope your having a blessed beyond belief day!
~Heather

1 comment:

Joy said...

That sounds like a great book. I love the pool/fish pond idea. There is a magazine that is a tad like that. It is called "Backwoods Home". It might be online.

A Movie reccomend "BECOMING JANE" sooo good, romantic, & funny.

Have a great day! and God bless
Joy