Monday, June 9, 2008

Recovered

As long as I do not have a relapse, I think I am recovered. This was my first day of normal food and activities.

So, I decided to have 'normal' activity... I went out and dug a hole in my back yard. My husband and I sat down and brain stormed ideas that the P.O.A. would not object. I was REALLY surprised at how many things we think we can do without wrinkling feathers.

Anyhow, step two (after praying of course) was plant fruit trees. Mostly because of how long they take to come to maturity and grow fruit.

So, I went outside and started digging. I was impressed. I was expecting our usual rock hard yard. I happened to dig it in the middle of the lawn, apparently we have been watering there sooooo long that it actually had a worm in it. I have never seen a worm in my yard before. :-) I was very happy. :-) (lets just put it this way, the other day the kids were digging the the yard and came up with asphalt, real asphalt!)

Sad thing is that the lawn (that is so easy to dig in) is where I was hoping to put the tulip tree in...No fruit :-( So I am water the spot I want to put a peach or nectarine tree. Hopefully after a couple of days it will be soft enough to dig. But I still feel like I am accomplishing something.

My excitement of the day was breaking a vase with my bear arm giving it a hole just big enough to let all the water AND THE FISH out of the vase. WATER EVERYWHERE... The fish took a final adventure afterwards. He tried to live but spent most of his time just laying on the bottom of the glass. I finally took pity on him and let him swim on his final adventure.

Well my children are reading joke books in their beds. One is picking up the toys HE dumped right before bed and the baby is running around in a diaper, so I guess I shall go. Thank you for all the prayers, I can't even tell you how much they were appreciated.

~H

Why does mom put corn on the cobs in the tub? So you'll wash behind your ears!


Ps. We also broke my couch! Yeah! One of the foots came flying out and THUD on the ground it landed, lucky us not to far of a drop. Hopefully we can fix it! ~H

Pss. Oh, I forgot one of the better ones! My phone line has not been working (which means no Internet by the way, quite devastating!) for two days. I investigated my self (locking myself out of the house in the middle of the night TWICE!) and tried our phones at grandparents house. I called the phone company to come check it out (55 dollars if it was NOT on their end, I am sorry, I just find that outrageous, and that is the starting rate, even if they don't fix anything!). Anyhow, I called them out and then my nice daddy stopped in to check it out for me. Well, it only took him a minute to find the problem. (Saved me 55 bucks) Jonathan had stuck a 3 inc screw into a phone jack in his bedroom, I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HE HAD A PHONE JACK IN HIS BEDROOM. I probably wouldn't have found it even if I did, he stuck it so far in you had to be nose to nose with it to even see the head of the screw. Ah, children.

1 comment:

Momma Bug said...

Laughing, laughing!!

You must be feeling better because your sense of humor is back!
I love you and miss you, and am glad that Jonathan chose the phone jack instead of the electrical outlet!
You have to be able to look on the brighter side of things! ;-P