Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fire Update:

The fires continue to burn.

Our home still appears to be in a safe spot. I can't say I am totally relaxed because fires are so unpredictable and we are in such a dry area. So far though the Lord has given us total grace. One fire was blocked by a river otherwise we may have been in its eventual path.

I am watering the grass around our home when possible, prepairing for the next storm that is supose to hit later this week.

The smoke is really bad. It is almost completly blocking the sun. All we see is a red glow that looks more like the moon.

All of our allergies are not having fun. Jonathan had trouble sleeping last night due to breathing issues. The rest of us are starting to get sore thoats and stuffy sinuses. I am starting to hand out allergy meds quite regularly. The smoke looks like a fog. It is really weird to look at. The sad news is we can't really get away from it. Anyone we normally would evacuate to because of a fire, has a fire near them also and the smoke is just as bad.

So unless we want to leave the state, we are stuck in the smoke.

Hope all is well with you guys.

Heather

1 comment:

Joy said...

Heather,
I am sorry that you guys live so close to all of the fires. I pray that it leaves your area alone and untouched.
Mybe you could buy a few small air cleaners? I use them for my sons asthma and it really helps.
Take care and God bless
Joy