Thursday, June 19, 2008

I needed the reminder

Thank you Momma Bug and Blessed Quietness...

I needed the reminder.

Tired most describes us today,... All of us. Today was suppose to be a special day and here I am facing four tired kids and being tired myself. Today is one of those days where you just wait for night. I would put everyone down for nap but we are expecting company from Africa and I would be a little afraid that they might not sleep tonight.

Our bedtime has been sneakily been getting later and later without catching our notice until last night at 10:30pm, they were not down.

Anyhow, thank you guys for the reminder that bible/devo/one-on-one time with the Lord, is NEEDED. We are starting with a quiet time and then handing out bibles. I hope it helps.

Here is my passage from today:


Psalm 33:
10 The LORD foils the plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples.
11 But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations.
12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance.
13 From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind;
14 from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth-
15 he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do.
16 No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength.
17 A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save.
18 But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,
19 to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Hello,
Sorry I have not been on. It has been a very busy week with many appointments. I feel glad that they are behind us now.
I hope that you are all feeling better. God bless
Joy

Alterton Scottish Terriers said...

Oh Heather, it's hard to nail down that Bible time sometimes! Important, but hard. Mine hasn't been as regular as it should be lately - not my OWN, at least. We do get the Bible reading as a family, which is helpful. At least the Word is getting into my head, and I'm often surprised how it comes out later in the day. Sounds like we all could use more time alone with Him though. Won't heaven be nice? :)
-Faith