Sunday, June 15, 2008

On our feet

Well, we appear to all be doing better. However, I am finding my energy level lower then normal. Going back to bed sounds pretty good. Not going to happen with four little ones though.
I have pretty much been on my own for watching them the past couple of days because Spence has been tied up with other things.


Yesterday I tried to take the kids swimming. We were able to in the morning, but by afternoon the valley was filled with smoke enough that it was too unpleasant to be outside. Praise the Lord though the fire missed R&L C. house and K&C B. house. Came really close though, if I understand correctly it burned R&L C.'s barn and neighbors homes. And missed K&C B's house because firemen set a back fire. Still waiting to hear about others in the town (My old home town). A lot of my friends have been evacuated. Thank goodness for cell phones though, it has allowed us to check on people even when the lines were down.

Today we plan to head to church and then go to grandparents for Father's day. I am still trying to pry my eyelids open and I have to get four kids ready for church on my own. Keep praying for Spence to get Sundays off.

Well, hope all is well with everyone else.

Heather

2 comments:

Momma Bug said...

That's quite a lot of code - but I got-tcha! ;-)
Love you!

Joy said...

I am glad to see that even though you are tired you are all on the mend. God is so good.
You take care and God bless
Joy