Sunday, March 9, 2008

MOVE?











Wow, our life is changing so fast I am not sure I can keep all of you guys up to date. Lets see where to start.

I guess with a move.

It looks like we may be moving. We have found a place we like. It has two homes on one property and will likely lower our payments (almost in half). It has 3 acres (almost 3 and a half). It has 12 fruit trees. It’s only a few miles from here. It is close to a freeway, which is not good. It is also close to…
















You guessed it. Donkeys. I don’t know what kind of neighbors donkeys make, but I have a funny feeling, not wonderful.

It has almost fully fenced yards on both houses (an eight foot section of a porch would have to be fenced to keep the kids from getting out of the yard). One of them is a mobile but not in bad shape and added onto for more room. It has a three-car garage, and a tool shed with a covered section for the ridding lawn mower. The dirt is not good dirt =-( so sad. However, plenty of room for chickens =-).

I don’t know that we are going to do it, but we are certainly considering it. I would post pictures, but they were very nice to let us take pictures and I don’t want to abuse that by posting them.

We have been doing all kinds of cool projects. Here is the boys cutting down the dead tree and digging a hole for me.



Here is our attempt at a solar oven. It was a lot of fun to make. I think it probably would have cooked rice, but was not hot enough to cook the meat. We are going to have to fiddle with the design some.

Here are some other fun shots.




Today was a long day. We had a friend’s baby dedication to go to and it was an all day affair. We had to get up at the equivalent of 5 am for us. It was a lot of fun to get to see old friends but I am TIRED. I have a funny feeling that is going to be my normal state for a while. First we will have to start getting ready for a move. Plus, I am done with my ‘Maxwell, Preparing sons book’, which I LOVED by the way. However, it is causing quite a few changes in the household.

OUR T.V. Is gone. I now have an empty space in my entertainment center. VERY happy to be rid of the sewer pump. =-)

I have already cut our toys in HALF. I am about to take on our clothes. A pile a mile high has dominated our bedroom floor for quite sometime. I have decided it is going to go! No more. Gone. We are cutting it down to what we NEED. Or at least not much more then we need. The kids are AMAIZING. They are taking all of this change in stride. Not one complaint. I have herd requests, but if denied they are saying ‘ok’ and moving on. I am so proud of them. You would think that their food has always been limited to ‘healthy’ foods. Although I can tell you have am grateful for the few good healthy tasty things we have come up with (i.e. Maple cookies. Almost as good for you as a bowl of oatmeal and really helps with the munchies. I said ‘almost’)


Well, the kids just fell asleep, so off to bed I go. Good night all. ~H

6 comments:

Momma Bug said...

"tag" you're it!

I'll read the rest of your post tomorrow whne I have aminute to enjoy all of it!

Come to my site for rules.

Love you!

Momma Bug said...

I am very proud of you friend:-)

Can't wait to see what all the Lord does in your life!!

Unknown said...

Try building this simple solar cooker. You can cook anything in it: The CooKit

2homeschool said...

Momma Bug,

You tagged me huh? I thought that might happen... I hope you know what your doing... I will give it a try, might take me a few days to get to it though, Love you lots.

~H

tsponheim,

Thank you. I have been on that sight before but I hadn't seen the CooKit... $25 dollers is not bad. If it were not a school project to make one, I might just buy one. The design is great though. THANK YOU!

~H

Momma Bug said...

Yes I tagged you. No, I don't know what I'm doing (or what I'm in for), but I put a disclaimer at the top of my list. It took me several days to get to also, but I know YOURS will be worth reading! It was worth the experiment just to see what you have to say for yourself:-)
Love you!

2homeschool said...

LOL. You made me laugh,... Who Knows what I will say... I am out of time for today, so whatever I have to say will have to wait...

Love you,

H