Monday, December 22, 2008

A day away.

One whole day of going through stores without having my arm pulled off. One whole day of sitting down and resting when I was tired. One whole day of shopping to my heart's content (or better yet, until my check book was empty,... of both checks and money). One whole day of eating without getting up to 'retrieve' things or take someone to the bathroom. One whole day of not stopping to look for a lost diaper bag, or better yet, a lost child. One full day without having to never take my eyes off of the children. One full day of eating whatever I wanted without a child saying "mom, can I have some?" One full day of being, just a "person" and not "mom".

Ahhhh,...

Not that I would want to many of these days, but I think once every two years is pretty good. I think that has been about how long its been unless you count the women's retreats where your schedule has been planned for you and your told what is for lunch. Not that I don't love women's retreats and mommy moments, but a few moments of care-free-ness, felt pretty good today. I think I might even do this more often, maybe once a year. :-)

And best of all I was not alone. My "mom" came with me. Thanks mom for being the "mom" today!

3 comments:

knitogether said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
knitogether said...

I had a great time, too. How about twice a year? Love, Mom

Joy said...

Heather,
I am so glad that you had a wonderful day like this. I think these are important to have once or twice a year as wives and mothers we need some time to re-charge as women. I find that if I do this once or twice a year I am a better wife and mommy for my kids.
Ahhh to sit and eat in any real resteraunt that does not have happy meals! wonderful!
God bless
Joy