Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I pealed anna banana's finger... :-(

What happened you ask? I shut Andrew's door with Anna's finger in it. :-( Not very smart momma. When I couldn't get it to shut, I tried again! Poor baby didn't even squeak until the second time around. I had no idea her hand was anywhere near it. Back to the old,.. "She can't talk when its important." She didn't even utter a moan, until her finger was released and then re-squeezed.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!... (that's me). Anyhow, I was home with no car. I had to call my dad. He came and got me and Anna and took us to E.R.

Anna is ok. It is not broken. (they checked with an x-ray) The skin got "pealed" back from the top of the nail all the way to the first knuckle and the back of the nail popped up and off the skin. The other finger has a dark bruise under the nail. The skin on the other side of the finger is red, like a VERY, VERY rosie cheek and it's swelling quite a bit.

They said not to wrap it and to give her tylonal as needed. That's it. (other then to watch to make sure the bruising doesn't spread or get worse). (Lene, you won that one. :-)

Oh, I am going to have a hard time on this one!!! I can't even look at it. Other then being shaky and traumatized, she is not even seeming to act like it hurts. I, on the other hand, start hyperventilating every time I go to look at it. I had to sit on the other side of her at dinner (9:00pm dinner), just so I could eat.

Yeah, this aught to be exiting... Can't wait tell the first time I have to wash some sticky goo off of it.

I think it is partially because it brings flash backs of having my toe nail popped out of my toe. Man did it hurt. Although putting it back hurt worse.

I've got to get some sleep. Talk to ya all in the morning.

~H

5 comments:

Joy said...

OUCH!
I think that every single family I know (including us) has had that happen to at least one child. Yikes I still cringe when i think about it. Dont worry she will forget about it soon. Dont feel bad it happens.
Take care
Joy

Uncle and Auntie Hightower <>< said...

I MISS YOU!!! How are you my sweet friend!!!!!!!! =) LOVE YOU!

Uncle and Auntie Hightower <>< said...

YOU AND I BOTH MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!! I am TRYING to be a blogger, but it is not a natural for me!!!!! At all! I just don't want to MAKE time for it! I DO love keeping up with my sisters and you gals though, so I try! =) It is GREAT to hear from you!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!! and you make me feel JUST A LITTLE like a SLACKER with your to do list!! lol
So what are you guys thinking when you sell the house? To move across the street from US?!!WOW!! Sounds GREAT!! =) lol Miss you love! Think of you often even though I don't write you often! know that! and that you and your family are in my prayers! Love you! =) It was sooo nice of you to find time to say hello to ME!!!!!!! =) You are wonderful! AND WONDER WOMAN!!!!!!!!!

Momma Bug said...

*grin*
I had no intention of "winning". In fact I took great pride in not giving my two cents. It is a great thorn in my flesh to know my two cents will be heard loud and clear even when I don't speak it!!
Sorry! ;-)

I hope her finger is healing up, and your injured pride too.

Love you!
-me

2homeschool said...

lene,

LOL, goofy, your always aloud to say what you think.

I probably still would have taken her to make sure it was x-rayed. It was a pretty nasty looking thing.

It still doesn't look pretty. It is healing though.

Hope all is well with you and the bunches.

Heather