Thursday, July 23, 2009

feeling better

Finally feeling better. :-) Still have a little cough, but it could be worse.

Started up with homeschool again. Not that I quit. It's just with all the kids camps and illnesses, it just got lost in the shuffle. Anyhow, we appear to be on track again. Everyone is getting lists to work on every day. We chip away at our list. Even I, cleaned off my desk. Pretty impressive. My room is starting to look like a room and not a junk pile. :-)

Andrew went to the E.N.T. today to have his blood work read. Doctor said Andrew is allergic to: Peanuts, sesame seeds, most trees and most grasses. He said the allergy to grass is extreamly high. He recommended Andrew have allergy shots. Don't know yet what we are going to do.

Any thoughts? In general I don't care for shots/immunizations as all of you are aware, however, I can see that the allergies are affecting lots of area's of his life, hearing, equilibrum, consentration, school work, relationships (hard to have friends when you don't answer them when they talk to you), plus I would like to have him off of all of the allergy meds he is on, but I don't really want another burst eardrum from allergies. So, I don't know, I guess I will have to put some research into it. Well see.

Anyhow, the kids have Karate tonight and I have an appointment with a Elliptical machine! :-P

Hope all is well with everyone.
~H

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Glad you're feeling better!

I had pretty severe allergies as a child and went through a round of allergy shots at around ten. My allergies dramatically improved and were much better until I got pregnant. I don't think Andrew should have to deal with that life event, but I'm not really sure of the pros and cons of shots otherwise. Just thought I'd fill you in on my experience.

Momma Bug said...

There is (so I've heard lots of great things about) a good Naturopath (however you spell that) in Paradise whom I would see before making that decision. I am under the impression that she does free consultations, so at least you could get a feel for whether she'd be able to help Andrew before you tried her methods.

Other than that...
I hate allergies!

Love you,
me

2homeschool said...

hmm... Think I might need a little more info in order to find her. :-) Yeah, I have been doing a little on-line research. Most people who have said they have had them, said they felt better afterward. I am just currious about side effects. I also want to find out if they have the thermo____ whatever in them.

Hope all is well,
Heather

Joy said...

I am glad to see your feeling better.
They wanted to do shots for my Jacob's allergies and we said no because it was a 1x a week thing that was supposed to last for about a year. His allergies have gotten better over the years (except for nuts, beans, seeds).
I have not see you on in a while. Are you all doing okay?

Hope your well
God bless
Joy

2homeschool said...

That has been for two reasons...

Life has been crazy is one.

Anna is starting to potty train, sort of... She's at least trying. This last year she's been having a lot of bladder infections. So, she's been having tests done at the hospital.

Jonathan is his usual rambunctious self. To the point where grandma can no longer take him anywhere by her self, cause she can't carry him when he has a fit. (so I lost a babysitter ;-)

Andrew has another ear infection. He has started the allergy shots which are once a week. He also had to go to the doc for a sports physical for Young Marines.

George has been having seizures again. They have been playing with his meds trying to get them to where he has no Migraines and no seizurees, but while they move the meds he has seizures. And of course what they have him on now, is affecting his tempture regulation so if I let him go outside after sunset for 1/2 hour of playing he comes inside with 100degree fever.

Reason number two is I switched over to facebook a while ago and I found it much easer to use and I have about 70 friends on it.

Anyhow, I will try and get on a little bit more often,... I may be writing a little bit smaller amounts though.

Hope all is well with you Joy.

~Heather