Saturday, January 3, 2009

Medical update:

Here is the current medical update for all those who keep up with our MANY medical issues. Mom, if I have any of it wrong, feel free to add a comment with the corrections. J

Anna (2 1/2):
Saw the Neurologist yesterday. He said he is seeing "Global delays" that are significant. He is ordering a MRI to help us (as a diagnostic tool). We are thinking there may be another issue other then the Toxic Encephalopathy. Possibly stroke, seizure, CP, or other disorder. He is also going to do some blood work and check for some "markers" that might indicate what else is going on. (Like Anglemen’s or some such)

Currently she is able to say two words completely and correctly, Yes & mommy. (She is 2 and 1/2 years old). She is saying probably 10-20 other words that we can "sometimes" understand. She is able to sign aproximatly 60 words. She understands about 90% or more of what we say to her.

She appears to have difficulty manipulating the right side of her body. She is slightly turning her right foot out and chooses to avoid using her right hand.

She is still in all kinds of therapies and will be re-starting speech therapy hopefully sometime in January.

George (7):

My one baby, who doesn't have very many medical issues, has started having episodes at night. Unknown cause. He is waking up shaking and unable to form words even though he is awake and able to nod yes and no. We are thinking possible night terrors or other sleep disorder, or seizures that only happen at night. The neurologist very kindly consulted with us yesterday to determine the he needs to be seen and needs a sleep study.

In the mean time he wants us to try a mild sleep aid to see if the episodes are sleep disorders. The mom in me is trying hard not to panic.

Jonathan (almost4):

Has been doing way better as far as behavioral issues. He does appear to have almost constant muscle spasms in his legs. He is constantly on the go. VERY, VERY active. His nails wear off before I ever have to cut them. We have been giving him calcium to help him with his iron absorption; it also has a calming effect. We have been rubbing lotion into his legs for his dry skin and muscle spasms.
These past two weeks we have seen a lot more ‘attitude’ issues. I am hoping we don’t see a return to behavioral issues.

Andrew (almost 9):

Not much of an update. He still shows signs of learning disorders or autism spectrum. Still not diagnosed. Has not been much of an issue since he is homeschooled. He is doing better than expected in the young marines. So far he has been able to keep up with the group.

Spencer (37) :
His first eye surgery resulted in one eye being 20/15 and one eye being 20/30. He has now had the second surgery. We are still waiting to see if the eye will respond.

Ok, I think that is everyone’s most updated medical info.

Todays up date is that I have invites all over the place. However, I stayed up until two in the morning, so I don't think I am doing anything today. J.M. and I went to Barnes in noble and had coffee and cheese cake and talked for two hours. Then we went and saw a movie. Then I drove her home. By the time I got back it was two in the morning. So, I am kinda toast. I don't know, maybe I will find some energy to do something, but I think even if I do, I am going to do some homework. Scratch that. I am going to do some house work... :-). Man I am tired.

I have more christmas pictures from the in-law christmas. I haven't really even looked at them. I will try and post some later today.

Talk to ya'll later.

~Heather

No comments: